The General Maintenance worker will provide support to the Security and Facility Manager with operational activities in maintenance and operations, vendor oversight, equipment and supplies, occupancy services and proactively develop and maintain client relationships ensuring that expected service levels are achieved. You will address immediate operational and/or safety concerns while reporting major repairs to management and are the jack of all trades with the knowledge and skills to complete minor repairs across various trades including, but not limited to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Full benefits package
- Fun, supportive, and exciting work environment
- Friends and Family discounts on hotels and food and beverage
- Development and training opportunities
- Schedule and manage repairs and maintenance, minor works, and other work requests, tracking to completion.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of building with a strong commitment to customer service
- Assist Security Manager in drafting and updating the building operation manual
- Ensure the safety of the buildings, staff and public from fire, flood and other hazards by ensuring that all mandated tests and inspections are carried out while responding to emergencies.
- Coordinate major problems, either mechanical, technical or tenant with Management.
- Oversee third party contractor maintenance and repair work associated with service agreements and on demand
- Proactively inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment to determine if repairs or preventive maintenance is required
- Perform maintenance on the grounds including shoveling and salting the walkways and entrances as required in the winter
- Perform basic repairs and maintenance in suites and common areas not requiring the use of skilled trades
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of various buildings systems (electrical, mechanical and security systems etc.), equipment and buildings; includes performing routine equipment maintenance tasks and keep maintenance records
- Maintain all service tools and equipment in good working condition and arrange for repair or replacement as required
- Address any infractions of building rules and/or forwarding them to the appropriate level of management
- Complete reports and paperwork within required timelines
- Identify, prioritize and recommend all required new projects, equipment replacement or preventative maintenance work on a proactive basis, to ensure uninterrupted service
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring
- 1-2 years experience performing administrative tasks in relation to building maintenance
- Working in a non-unionized environment
- Experience working with HVAC
- 1-2 years work experience in building operations
- 3 years of experience working with low and/or medium voltage equipment
- Working knowledge of related tools and equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Chances Prince Rupert
Chances is located in Prince Rupert; the city of rainbows and sits on the edge of the waterfront with a beautiful patio overlooking the ocean. Create meaningful relationships with a high function management team while working in one of the most beautiful facilities in town! Chance currently employs 65 people across five departments. Our casino has 117 gaming seats 50 bingo seats and approximately 60 restaurant seats. We are part of the West Coast Group which features two Prestige Hotels three restaurants and one casino.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
Work Location: In person
If you are interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org attention HR Manager.